View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3512122)   #5
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
There are some parts of this circuit which really annoy me. I have been a bit punchy with my changes, wiping out entirely the chicane at the start of the 2nd sector, and smoothing of the original turn 15.

These changes make the new turn 6 a massively fast corner and the new highlight of the lap, with changes to runoff an absolute must. A new tighter turn 8 will slow turn 7 slightly and help the flow of the circuit.

The old turn 15 is the most annoying part of the circuit, in my opinion, and smoothing it creates a more flowing section of corners for a better run onto the s/f straight. The pitlane would split from the outside of the new turn 13.

In addition to these changes to circuit layout I would also improve kerbing around the track, especially adding more corner entry and exit kerbing.

I uploaded old/new configs so you can flick between the two to see the differences more clearly.

Any thoughts? Different ideas?
With a set-up normal for Albert Park, T6 would be a light braking zone.

Also, T14 might be a bit awkward with the new approach. I'd say realign it into something of an slight S curve.