View Single Post
Old 2 May 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3533334)   #2525
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
All those instances of double stinting didnt result in a win except COTA. And Audi won by luck on a stupid red flag call. So like I said, double stinting tires works, but only if youre actually gaining time.
The double stint worked for Audi, that's why they opted for it, just as today. Last year, they were seriously handicapped being on the 2MJ, so, even gaining time with double stints, it was far from enough to beat Toyota.

I'm a bit skeptical about the speculation(btw, I know it's not coming from you, TF110 ) that Audi spends 200 million Euros or Dollars a year. That is almost like big F1 team's budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
But was the Toyota really that bad today? They could fight with the #9 Audi which was the "high downforce" Audi and in fact had quicker best lap time than the #9. Assuming the Toyota's make the same leap with their low drag package that Audi does, Toyota will be right there or even a slight step ahead on the straights.
The problem with that comparison is that Toyota's "HD" car is much more suited to a track like Spa than Audi's HD car. Audi's got way more downforce/drag and that at Spa is more punished.

When F1 didn't have DRS, everybody ran Spa with almost Monza spec. Toyota's HD is closer to that while Audi's is pretty much an F1 Monaco spec car(highest downforce/drag)

Toyota surely won't be this bad at Le Mans, but a win is very unlikely unless their LM also made huge gains as did Porsche's and Audi's 2015 cars