View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3564600)   #25
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By making Hungaroring more technical, you are touching a sensitive subject ;-)

It is one of the few tracks on the F1 calendar which already requires a different car setup than most, so you are basically fixing a problem that does not quite exist. In fact, it has taken the owners of the track decades to get the track to be as fine as it is. Have you driven the circuit on a racesim before? It already is incredibly tight, especially the section from the chicane onwards. Of course, these thought experiments are fun but F1 is right in not having a so-called Mickey-Mouse-Course on the calendar. Back when track design was a much bigger interest of mine than it is today, I used to have a lot of fun with designing Mickey-Mouse-Courses on purpose, too. So I can kind of relate :-)

However, your Turns 2 and 3 are in a place on the circuit where the paddock access road crosses the circuit on a bridge, and that is likely going to make the change in this place rather difficult to build.

Regarding your version of Silverstone: the kink at Abbey is very nice. But your Turn 2 at the "Hammerhead" has got a runoff problem that would be rather dangerous for motorbikes.