Thread: Sebring
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3720462)   #79
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Good for you! Getting around the track and "getting around the track". The overnight drive just saps the energy out of me every time. Think Wednesday day trip is in order next time. Just hard to take a day off to "travel" these days.

And the heat? Sorry, I know you're British. That was the coolest Sebrings I've ever been to and Thursday night perhaps the coldest I've ever camped in at a race. The sun is draining and it drained me. Struggling today.

It's a neat and unique place. We kept commenting on how "sparse" the crowd was in comparison to past trips, but there are certainly some neat vantage points, with one of my favorites being the hairpin. If you can get the spot on the "point of the bump", you can see them braking right after the bridge. Most of the "action" happens there too.
Yes, I'm pretty fortunate that I didn't have much driving at all. Okay, had a near 10 hour flight, but going in that direction is always easy compared to coming back home so I was full of energy for getting up at 6am on Wednesday!

Yes, I can fully understand how ridiculous it sounds! I'm mainly just talking about Friday and Saturday during the day. The mornings, evenings and nights were indeed very cool. Well, Saturday evening was warm, quite a nice temp, but the others weren't! It was actually very windy on Wednesday, and the breeze was quite chilly, which I wasn't expecting. Felt like I was at Snetterton, not Sebring!

Yes, I think I know the bump you mean, I spent quite a lot of the week at the hairpin. The crowd size was ideal for me, I like the spectator areas empty, Wednesday and Thursday were bliss!

Petit may be next up in October...!