View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3757893)   #169
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Like chernaudi I think this should be posted on this thread following of the Porsche thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=8166

I like the DPI and I am happy that thanks to them we will have a resurgence of the ALMS next year in IMSA. I have the feeling that these are going to be alone in Le Mans and not in the WEC. In this case, I do not think DPIs are the solution for Le Mans. Le Mans always had the highest technology of the time as F1 and DPI do not represent that.
I think the ACO should try to reach an agreement with Liverty Media and bring F1 to Le Mans. I know the relationship is good since Chase Carey had a great presence in the last 24 hours.
I would love to see variants of wheels covered by the current F1, somewhat like the LM spyders but single-seater similar to the WR Peugeot LM95.
In the 50's these covered-wheelers F1 were called Streamliner and the most famous of that was the Mercedes w196 that had the 2 variants open wheel and streamliner.
I think any F1 team could make these aerodynamic changes without major problems and these should be balanced in terms of weight and fuel flow with the LMP1 to have a hand-to-hand fighting for the overall victory.
In this way we could have Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Red Bull, Mc Laren, Honda, Williams and if some rumors are made Porsche, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin and Cosworth. In addition to super stars such as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Ricciardo and Raikkonen.
All this together with Toyota and maybe Peugeot which could be really incredible !!
So you want to take F1 cars, put fenders on them for 1 race, and run them for 24 hours? Do you really think think this is a better option than running DPis?