View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3816389)   #105
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sweeney View Post
Having not repeated any numbers, manipulated or otherwise, I've got nothing to be called out for - that must relate to some other comment(s).
Yes, it relates to the comment I quoted (which you then replied to).

My point is, nobody seems to be able to take Formula E at face value. They either adore it or hate it. Here we have some nonsense stats about how it's the fastest growing as if it means anything, and as if that adds validity to the series in some way.

Formula E is...fine. It has a bunch of positives and a bunch of negatives. All series have negatives. It certainly isn't as great as what some claim, but it's also not as bad as other claims. I try to watch Formula E, and it certainly isn't the worst series I watch.

Using growth figures, it's also not the fastest growing. TCR UK started with 0 fans at the start of the year, and it has at least...5 by now. Percentage-wise, that's an infinite growth level and therefore it's the fastest growing series in the world - in terms of entries, popularity and viewing figures. When you put that claim into context like that, it's madness. Well the FE claim is the same - it isn't popular. The debate on that could go on for pages and nobody would agree - but at the end of the day, it doesn't get big crowds, it doesn't get good online views and it gets bumped down the TV order for children's TV. Trying to pretend otherwise with some twisted stats won't do FE any favours. If people on both sides start being honest about FE, then maybe it'll start gaining some traction (even got a car pun in there!).

Peppa Pig is fantastic, you should give it a try.