View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3814038)   #333
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Well, if we've learned one thing from history, it's that the majority is always right and the minority should just shut up and take it!

Err.... Seems like just a couple days ago was the 50th anniversary of the assassination of someone who may have disagreed with that though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm. But surely that's a good example? The injustice was finally voted out by a majority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ok but why wasn't the moral decision made before October 2017?

[emphasis added]

Disagree entriely. Since if you take the moral high ground on something be prepared for the consequences:

The brand values mentioned above appear to be for childish announcements of drivers (see Austin last year); some kind of mascot; an inability to control the manufacturers; and, a pointless change to the timing of the events.

They've put themselves in that position by what I can only assume is a rush of naivity. Agreed they've only been there a year but surely in that year rather than do daft stuff like following the herd, they should just concentrate on the real issue. Nothing wrong in adopting, adapting and improving. But to make it work it has to be in that order. Not what this was, a knee jerk reaction.

And now they have Monaco and Russia refusing to comply. What will they do about that? I'd assume they would have to cancel the meetings because it does not reflect the company's moral ideals.

I do have a view about the #metoo movement which started in October last year, but it is not relevant to this discussion. Nonetheless if it locks away slime-balls like those who are alleged to have carried out these atrocities then more power to the movement.
Hmm.... Let's revisit your question to me a few pages back. Did the majority just jump on a bandwagon or follow the herd? Or did something and/or someone come up that made them notice something wrong with the current situation? Was it wrong that the majority shifted from being for segregation to against? Should we question their motives?

Edit: hey Richard, in another thread I said don't change. I meant that as a compliment, in case it came off as anything other than one. I enjoy your posts!