View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2908919)   #101
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just checked the racing news for the day and saw this whopper. Well, Porsche back at Le Mans, it just makes sense. Too much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Im a pessimist, but I love looking through forums and people always find to see this as a bad thing: Audi pulling out, what happens if Peugeot pulls out, too many manufacturers in LMP1, LMP1 is too expensive, Honda will go to DP, evil aliens in tin spaceships destroying Circuit de La Sarthe, ect.
I do think it is legitimate to think that more serious competition will lead to some of the other companies on the fence to question the investment it will take to be competitive. On the other hand, some may see the increased competition as a sign that Le Mans is the place to be. What will happen? It's hard to say. Will we see companies jump in in 2012 or 2013 with the "old" rules? I don't know again. We'll see.

As far as Audi goes, I don't know if they will stay or not. If they do, I wonder if they (and Peugeot if they stay) will stick with diesel. It may be wise for them to do what Peugeot does in the hopes of getting favorable French regulations, but I don't know. Someone who did the pit visit said that Audi was saying that a legitimate petrol team would have an advantage. I don't know, they might be right. We'll see. We could see signs of this if a legitimate petrol team comes in for 2012/13, but the move to a fuel consumption formula could change things.

But, yes, although there is a lot of excitement now, what will the petrol whiners say when a petrol team comes in and kicks the behind of all the privateer petrol runners? Dave Richards and others are going to lose their excuse. Will their teams go with them?