View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3017998)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Ugliest car since the old 'tea-tray' March.
The entire 70's seemed to be crammed with clangers. I presume this was due to the designers and engineers getting the hang of the wings and other aero innovations until they got used to it and that gave rise to the elegant 80's and 90's. Although I tend to be forgiving of the 70's. It was still informal where all the grandee garage and factory teams had a pre-corporate spirit.

I'm a fan of Fernandes and I appreciate the heritage of the Caterham name or 'brand' as it is these days but looking at that car its just some machine manufactured by a corporation. It has all the soul and look of an airport stairway truck. Surely the sport can do better than that if only in aesthetic terms.