View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3147083)   #1065
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hm, I've been talking about an end of GT500 for a year now. I don't know what were you hoping for when they said that rules would be common. But a real shock for me that they are going to do a kind of one-make class out of GT300. Common chassis, common engine. It seems that manufacturers don't just want to spend money. They just can not find any money.
As for me, I really was happy when the first news about DTM+Super GT broke. But there's no chance for Group 5 revival. So I really can't see any sense in watching Super GT more. I'm not interested in watching just Japanese drivers battling in a one-make series. To say the truth I'm not enjoying even DTM now, as cars are standard. That standardizing really kills any interest in watching racing. It leaves me only with LMP/GTE racing to watch. At least, I get more free time. Thanks a lot.