View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3723691)   #19
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
This is 100% right.As for the motorcycle angle I go to a lot of domestic motor cycle racing and the competitor base is not that strong compared to any past period and spectator support is nearly non existent. Combine that with a freezing climate for 5-6 months of the year where ice racing would be the only option and it makes less sense.
If NSW needs another circuit the one proposed north of Newcastle seems the best option.
And by the way Bathursts Moto GP fantasies are just that as the Victorian government has the race tied up for nearly the next 10 years.If NSW really wanted this event or any other international event short of F1 there already is a homologated circuit in the state.
We are of a similar vintage and I can assure you that Glenmore Park/Penrith is as cold if not colder than Bathurst- a jumper on first up on a crisp morning then down to shirt sleeves once the sun warms things up is the norm.
I'm not getting into the Moto GP stuff as I grew up on a diet of English bikes
around the circuit -what a great sound with that deep note particularly around the top of the Mountain and over Skyline. What memories!

The healthy bike fields at SMSP tell me that things aren't too bad and the non existent spectator is common to all forms of motor sport both 2 and 4 wheel.
I hope the new track and the associated Velocity Park come to fruition in the not too distant future whilst I am still young enough to enjoy them.