Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Nurburgring
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3752257)   #266
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Then blame the ACO for giving double points for Le Mans. The #1 Porsche and #7 Toyota are both out of the title hunt because of their LM DNFs (and not scoring points) and are there basically as buffers and pawns unless something happens to the #2 Porsche and #8 Toyota to have them reeled back in.

Personally, I don't think that LM should be a points paying round since it's the only extra points round. If there's one race that should be an all star race for sportscar racing it's probably Le Mans. I know that a lot of people won't agree with me saying that the LM24 shouldn't be a points paying round, but it also doesn't make sense for it to be in the championship and it pay the same number of points as a 6 hour/1000km race does.

Or a compromise can be if you run 70% distance or time you automatically get points like you used to do in the ALMS. Wouldn't help the #7 Toyota and would only help the #1 Porsche if they were scored in LMP1 alone and not overall in a combined LMP1/LMP2 points situation.