View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3701761)   #176
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Johnny's claim that , with Gachot and Hulkenberg, he was the only F1 driver to win Le Mans wasn't even nearly wrong.. ever hear of Rindt, G Hill , Gurney, Amon, Pescarolo etc, etc?

Sadly , it is a sloppily written book but still one which, with some rigorous sub editing , might just have been the book its subject deserved .
I read Johnny's book just after Christmas, and I thought his claim was that when he won Le Mans it was the only time a team of current F1 Drivers had won the race? Whereas the others you have mentioned would have had team mates who weren't current F1 drivers?
(As usual there are lies, damned lies and then statistics, but although tenuous, I think this is factually correct)