View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2021, 02:08 (Ref:4060474)   #9
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Also would like to see Jimmie Johnson give IMSA a full time look when LMDH cars come in 2023. He has done fine with the DPI cars so far.
He's done as well as he has in IMSA only by riding his teammates coattails. He's been consistently 1+ secs/lap slower than them wherever he's run in IMSA.
He's not a road racer, 'never has been......usually going backwards from his starting position on road courses back in Cup cars. ('Pretty hard for him to do in IndyCar starting at the back in the first place).......
No animosity here, I was a fan of Jimmie's during his Cup years, just an honest observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
The racing in the Indycar series is as close as you could possibly hope for. I can't imagine anyone with an interest in racing describing it as boring. Yes it's a spec car series but perhaps at some point it could evolve to the point where that could change.
I'm one of those you can't imagine. Having racing of all kinds as my passion since I can remember (60+ years ago).....fandom and participation.
The racing in IndyCar is boring as week in and week out "good" racing (actually "close" is more accurate....."orchestrated" by the mandatory identical cars for the entertainment of the uninitiated) is meaningless as the aforementioned identical cars should be close and provide nought but a good "show".

jimclark