View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2003, 08:03 (Ref:617462)   #20
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Clucas and Mike Conway are already BRDC Rising Stars, they were nominated last year. No money comes with this accolade, it is just supposed to be an advice centre for your career and and to show the BRDC as a cuddly, friendly organisation.

There are 5 nominated every year I believe but Simon Pullan will not be one of them as he has no money for racing this year as Texaco have pulled their sponsorship. I think the BRDC will want to support drivers who have enough financial backing to make it.

Rossiters father was a good pedaller in his time, this is true, but had too many accidents, or so he says. He is a BRDC member and James has BRDC backing this year to the tune of £30k I believe.

Tom Sisley is not a Rising Star and will be too old to be nominated if he doesn't get it this year. I believe Tom will do F3 next year but again, he is struggling a little with budget and the BRDC want to be supporting drivers who will go as far as possible.

Five drivers per year from across the many classes is not that many. it is useful to have but BRDC Young Driver of the Year is the one to have.

E&OE, IMHO ETC.!