View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2007, 16:18 (Ref:2039297)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
The way I see him now, he has made himself look a fool. He moans about not getting number 1 status when his driving this year did nothing to warrant it. Thus far, he has been beaten by a rookie, and I'm guessing feels like a bit of an idiot, thus comes out with all these comments (although he may be paranoid about unequal treatment as well, which is also silly).
I agree - I think things that Alonso has done and said have been manipulated by the media here to make his behaviour seem worse than it was, but he's done a pretty good job of making himself look bad without any help from the media. The average motorsport fan isn't hyping up Hamilton to be some kind of demi-God, they're just recognising his talent, and that goes for British motorsport fans as well.

I think Alonso's behaviour has been disappointing this season - some of it has been overexaggerated, but things like the incident in the pits in Hungary we've seen for ourselves. He's a double world champion, he's immensely talented, and he should relish the opportunity to compete against a team-mate who has the capability to match him. Instead he's choosing to complain and sulk, and it's a real shame.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'