View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3753061)   #119
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yesterday 12:33 [PDT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Unless race promoters and Liberty have the same financial stake in any GP, why would Liberty care whether the event runs at a loss or not?

If nobody turns up to watch a GP, what financial hardship to Liberty suffer?
Apart from the tens of millions they receive from race promoters, their real income comes from selling the TV rights and developing the same through other platforms.

It's been obvious to me for years,that Despicable BE,and now Liberty, aren't really bothered about the number of real spectators who physically attend over a race weekend.That's the promoters concern, not theirs, they get paid regardless. The only thing that will scare Liberty is if TV audiences drop through the floor.

The "fair" way forward is for both the race promoter and Commercial Rights Holder (Liberty), to share a common interest in the financial success of each other.
Today 03:05 [PDT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
What Despicable BE didn't care about, and Liberty have yet to realize, is that the classic circuits, mostly in Europe, are of huge value to the total F1 experience.

Names like Spa,Monza,Silverstone,Zandvoort, Nurburgring etc,etc are just as iconic as Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren, Lotus, etc, etc, or Hill, Stewart, Lauda, Senna, Schumacher etc.

These tracks should be given equal status within the complete F1 package......not screwed into financial oblivion by greedy individuals or corporate bullies.
Ah, forgive me Littleman, just got myself caught up now.

As you were.