Old 5 Apr 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3723925)   #23
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
I don't know why this keeps happening at Bathurst when there are better regional options.
Because Bathurst regional council is pushing for the track and want it as it will increase growth in the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
How incredibly stupid. Who in their right mind would go to Bathurst and want their race on another generic cookie cutter racetrack, when one of the greatest tracks in the world is about 500 metres away !?!??!? It would never get used.
Try and get a booking at Wakefield Park or Easter Creek. The tracks are fully booked all year so the addition of another track will be beneficial for not only motorsport but manufacturers, driver training and even TV/movie production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And there is the answer.

Why isn't that being looked into? Makes perfect sense. And could be the start of a regional technology hub, around motorsport activities.

The possibilities exist, if you think beyond the square
It will cost you a lot more than $50mil to buy all the houses. There would still be the noise issues for the other surrounding houses. This ne wtrack will be built on the back side of the existing circuit so the noise won't head towards town.
There will be land allocated for a business hub on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
The designs that they are showing on Speedcafe, look pretty boring- Scalextrix beginners set would probably be more exciting!
These were basic drawings done by council to give an indication of the location of the tracks, hence the tender for track designs.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either