View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2008, 08:03 (Ref:2316433)   #19
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to everybody for clawing back the half-hour we were behind after the first race so the last race actually started 5 minutes early - other clubs take note, please. Judicious cutting down of ALL races, even when we were back on schedule.

Finishing 8 races before 6pm at Donington must be some sort of record. And, hopefully enough to keep KayBee happy.

Not sure what caused the red. There was an awful lot of very black smoke, though.

And the weather played ball as well. A bit cold and windy but at least dry. I had a student on my post and was a little surprised that he hadn't been properly told what to bring with him (eg layers of clothing, warm drinks, the basics). He was very cold in the morning but we managed to kit him out with a few bits and pieces (woolly hat, bodywarmer) so he lasted the day quite well.

Not a classic meeting, but some lovely (and unusual) cars and some good racing through the fields.

And now its into hibernation.................