View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3109375)   #554
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Insurance must be real cheap in the States!
It is, but as a 16 year old with an STi, he'll still be paying out the ass for it, at least in our terms. At least $2500/yr due to all the young kids who think they're Sebastian Loeb once they get behind the wheel of something turbocharged and AWD and end up firing the car off into the scenery.

Anyway, picked this up as a daily driver for $800. 223k(that's miles, not your silly km which makes everything seem like it's more worn than it really is ;]) on the clock, 1,9l SOHC, automatic(was supposed to be my brothers car, with 100hp and the 'eco' gearing for the single slammer, its pig slow).

Gets like 34mpg, which is a hell of a lot more than my Volvo. With both cars on my policy I'm paying $150/month on insurance. 22, male, with no accidents or tickets on my record, if that puts it into perspective.