View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3755039)   #19
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
100% Electric powered buses are due to be introduced next year in Harrogate, and by 2020 in Leeds.

There are already 71 all electric buses running in London, and I am sure there are others elsewhere.
That's not the same as committing to forcing the changes which, in terms of public transport for the roads, would not be difficult to do given, as you point out, that there is already some movement in that direction and still 20+ years to develop the technology.

And of course London had Trolley buses decades ago - dropped in favour of total ICEs around the time of the "Clean air" legislation. Quite ironc really.

I assume no connection was made at the time and that the local powerstations, seemingly providing the Trolley Bus "power" were thought to be pollution sources worse than a few additional ICE engines.

That said nothing I have found related to the trolley bus era suggests that potential pollution issues were considered during their deployment and replacement.