View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3760837)   #659
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Williams throw a lot of bits at the car but they have bit of a history of not always working, something that Paddy Lowe is addressing. They also have consistently produced cars that are not effective on some circuits, I know that Williams are focused on their lack of budget compared to Ferrari and Red Bull, but I doubt that FI have a bigger budget than Williams, and probably quite a lot less, they seem leaner and keener and with a better driver line up. Perhaps Williams is held back by keeping a big team mentality on small team budgets? And I speak as a long time Williams fan and follower!
I think that Paddy Lowe is a great get for Williams, now the test will be to see if they listen to him and give him the authority to carry out the changes he wants. Paddy is absolutely the X factor that Williams need to be competitive again, will they take the opportunity or fire him?

I agree FI are something special, their consistent results are very very impressive. Year in year out they punch well above their weight.

Last edited by wnut; 22 Aug 2017 at 00:57.