View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3767443)   #357
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I'm not really sure 19 gained an advantage. It kept a position it already had. Did it gain vs 5 and 84? I think both got closer after the chicane then they were before.

I don't know it the gap between 19 and 8 grew or stayed the same.

If it stayed the same, then what did 19 gain which it did not already have?

Cutting chicanes and how to 'correct' that is dealt with rather inconsistently. Not only in Blancpain but in most forms of Motorsport. Sometimes it is deemed enough to make sure the gap between the offender and the following car is kept the same (Monza), sometimes it is not.

Re: Bentley punishment. If the yellow papers are the original reports (I guess so), then both are found guilty of the same crime (cutting the chicane without advantage).
One gets punished, the other not.
That reports makes no mention of advantage gained, quite the contrary, it explicitly mentioned: without advantage. Somehow that gets changed to 'with advantage' further in the chain.

Messy.
Or bullshit.

Not how it should be, anyway...