View Single Post
Old 4 May 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3069121)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm i'm trying to go back to when I first got in to it (1997 onwards).

I used to be fascinated by the crashes (hey, I was a young lad!) and how these drivers and cars could withstand so much. I then went on to learn alot more about the tracks themselves and their safety changes they made over the years. This aspect is pretty fascinating. But saying that, I never used to have the benefit of things like YouTube and Wikipedia, so information was very much scattered.

I'd suggest checking out some of the historical features (on cars, drivers, races, tracks) on F1fanatic.co.uk - some great stuff there.

Perhaps watch some of the season reviews from the past, too. I found gradually working my way backward worked quite well. So do it in, say, 10 year jumps. Get some 2002 on, find out what Schuey was all about in his prime, check out those V10s screaming. Then back to 1992, bit of Ayrton, the supreme Williams of that season, a rookie Schuey. Then hark back to 1982, the season before big changes in regulations, the last of that era, unfortunately marred by tragedy. Although these images can be a sad picture, they did also shape the Formula One you know now.

That's what i'd do if I were to start over, anyway.

Have fun, there's alot of good people on here, so if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Selby