View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2015, 09:26 (Ref:3596358)   #8
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the best drivers in F1? In my opinion yes, the very best will and have normally made it. There will always be the argument that we don't know how successful some people would have been. Senna always said that Fullerton was the most complete driver he ever raced against in Karting. Could he have been the best F1 driver in History?

Is F1 made up of the best 20 drivers? No certainly not, but it never has so why are people (not necessarily on here) worried about that? F1 has always had Megastars/Great Drivers/Good Drivers/Grid Fillers and that I think is one of the appeals, can a "grid filler" work hard and become a great driver? can a perceived "megastar" fail to fulfil his potential?

Even on the current grid there are a few drivers that are great but have never won a race and some that are good/grid fillers that have won. History will say that Maldanado was a more successful driver than Hulkenberg (assuming no more success from either) but I think that the majority of people will say otherwise.