View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3717864)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
I'm heartbroken to hear that we've lost Big John. The scandal of his never having received the knighthood he deserved, whilst any number of vapid bicyclists with dubious medicinal habits were so honoured, will now exist in perpetuity. 28 years ago, he presented me with my trophy for winning the class in my historic race series and it was one of the most memorable, and humbling, experiences of my life. Just another of the things I don't understand about our modern world... RIP John.
Not everybody wants to be knighted, and it is in their gift to refuse it. I would suggest that he was possibly one of those that felt that they didn't need a title to enhance their reputation.