View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2003, 20:07 (Ref:519626)   #15
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ¡As-de-mim!
I wonder if Bernie would show up for Town Meetings with the fans?
Bernie thinks the fans are absolutely beneath his contempt and couldn't care less what any of us think. He's turned F1 into the rubbish it is today.

Would you rather see wide, low-slung customer Champcars with turbos at Mid-Ohio, Brands, Milwaukee and Elkhart, or narrow, proprietary chassis with increasingly shrinking V10s and grooved tires in Zuhai, Moscow and Bahrain?

Would you prefer to mingle with racers like Paul Tracy and Roberto Moreno, or would you rather be coraled behind fences hoping to catch glimpses of a bunch of spoiled Euro-snobs? *

Would you rather see teams run by people like Carl Haas, Emmerson Fittipaldi, and Paul Gentilozzi, who truly love racing, or teams run by accountants in Paris, Detroit, Tokyo and Munich who care about _nothing_ but profit?

One is the future of an independant CART, the other is one as Bernie's new pet project.

*While I've got nothing against Europeans (okay, except the French), motorsport grew up differently on each side of the atlantic. F1 was born in Europe, Champcars were born here. They're superficially similar, but the audiences and the character just aren't compatible. So I get mad when Bernie destroys Europe's premiere series, then tries to do the same to ours. Men have been drawn and quartered for far less.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 27 Feb 2003 at 20:16.