View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2003, 21:17 (Ref:519685)   #18
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie can aid in taking Champcar to the next level (or back to the glory days), he can help get big companies involved and raise the profile 5 fold. Everyone says Bernie did this to F1 or that, well, currently F1 want to make racing cheaper and put the racing back into it, and who are currently standing in the way of that ? Bernie ? No, the teams, Williams and McLaren. Seems whenever F1 has an issue everyone just blames Bernie and how he's "wrecked" F1. That's bullsh1t. Reason F1 has it's profile and everyone takes it for granted (and we do) is largely due to Bernie's hard work. Give the guy his due, he's made F1 big, Champcar needs to be big, we want it to be big. I frankly don't care if Bernie gets ****loads of money in helping Champcar, as long as Champcar gets a lot out of it and becomes high profile and there's great racing. Cart doesn't need Bernie, it will survive without him. However, having the boss of the biggest racing show on earth wanting to grow Cart, we'll if it was my business I wouldn't be saying no.