View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2003, 22:09 (Ref:519747)   #20
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We don't need to make a choice about quality or quantity, you can have both, no one said a choice needed to be made.

The 5 points you raise, I like Champcar for all of them but point 5. Who's saying any of them are going to be compromised ? Again it's the Bernie factor weighing in with people not even willing to listen to what's being proposed. So far nothing's been said about how in practice Cart would look if Bernie was involved but it doesn't matter, people just hear the word Bernie and run scared. Pooks on record for saying numerous times that accessability to the drivers is paramount, in the North American market they are aware that this has to happen else the fans get p1ssed. So they don't change that.

I just fail to see why does Bernie's involvement automatically mean Champcar becomes a F1 clone. It's a different product, Bernie Inc. already have a F1 product, this is meant to be different.

I don't follow the Bernie not doing much for F1, you want to give him no credit for helping build F1 but blame him for the majority of the problems. How can he be to blame if he hasn't had his hand in it to do anything other than TV.
It's not just my opinion that Bernie has work hard to build up the F1 product, a lot of commentators agree.

In F1 big isn't the problem it's the racing product. Put Champcars out there instead of F1 and imagine the World Championship. You'd have passing, and cars other than red can win races. Only 3 things need to change in F1, cheaper budgets, a lot more driver/fan accessability, and more parity with the cars. The rest of the show can stay.

Bottom line is that beating on Bernie is a given, just like complaining about airline food. Whether the complaining represents the facts doesn't matter.