View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2003, 22:24 (Ref:519767)   #22
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if you don't like point 5, but it's true. The fields used to be dominated by guys with names like Mears, Unser, Foyt, and Andretti. And they're all in IRL now (except good 'ol Mario).

Bernie is about to _lose_ his F1 product, that's why he wants to get his greedy hands on CART! The Concord Agreement probably won't last the year, because when Jordan or Minardi fold, the agreement's toast.

I said he hasn't had his hand in anything _positive_ for F1 expect the TV deal.

The commentators, I'm sorry, are syncophants who defer to whoever's in charge, because they won't have a job for long if they're saying things management and sponsors don't want to hear.

Saying that Bernie could do great things for champcars is simply being ignorant of his track record. He's a politician, and you should _never_ trust a politician.

And if you won't believe me, will you believe Martin Brundle?

Martin: "Somebody's cuddling me here, I don't know who it is - it's The Bolt! Bernie, a quick word: who's gonna win the race?"
Bernie: "This one here" (pointing at Hakkinen).
Martin: "Yeah, you're just saying that cos he's standing there! I never thought of you as..."
Bernie: "What d'you expect, I'm a politician! I tell you what, d'you wanna have some money on him?"
Martin: "I'm not having any money with you on anything!"
Bernie: "I'll put money on him, then."
Martin: "No, but you can have the computers changed to make sure he wins or something!"
Bernie: (turning to Mika) "Yeah, we need to talk about that."

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 27 Feb 2003 at 22:26.