Thread: Brands Hatch
View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2002, 20:41 (Ref:236716)   #12
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
H&S is always an issue with marshaling and always will be but to approach this subject you have to be careful. Octagon are looking at things at Brands but that is because they employ midweek marshals and they are paid as a job so a duty of care has to be done. The rules are much different for volunteers although this should not be the case. The new observer tins provided by Heinz 57 are **** to say the least but are adequate for the 1 marshal per post for there corporate stuff. We are not being listned to and all the screaming in the world will not get this changed. The more the clubs kick up a stink about marshals the problem then becomes a money issue where the circuits will not have that club back and sell the day to track day or race school or something like that.
The toilet issue is not just cofined to 1 circuit. A few years ago I was IO'ing at Shell Corner at Oulton. A great post but I had my wife and another lady on post. To got to the loo for them they had to go together by going down to the next post getting in the car and driving up to one of the other car parks where there was a ladies loo. So for a whole race I was 2 marshals down. The trip was 1and a half miles there and 1 and a half back. I do not know if this problem has yet been rectified but we did stick in a report.
So I am sorry to sound negative but push Octagon out of motorsport and bring someone in who cares about motor racing and things may change.
Richard Sneader...