Thread: How to start
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2004, 22:41 (Ref:1042630)   #10
Metalstar
Rookie

Metalstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks alot for the info you two!

I had already seen that JKH Karts were popular so i had my mind set on getting one of them, and i was also planning to use that page you suggested to source my kart so good that you pointed them out also!

As far as technical knowledge goes, my dad is as good as a pro mechanic He builds kit cars in his spare time (built an MG when he was 30ish, built a sylva stikera few years back, and is now working on a ferrari P4 replica project) and has good mechanical knowledge in regards to engines. He also used to race 250cc Gearbox karts (unsure as to what class since i was young at the time). I am 20 so i have still got a lot to learn in that area .

I weigh just over 11 stone, am 6ft and quite slim so fitting into the kart shouldn't be an issue I worked out tmy weight with estimated car weight and it should be around 140kg, the minumum for TKM is 125kg i believe, so i think i'm not too heavy for it!

With the heavy ammount of saving and spending i will need to do, i hope to have the kart by the end of this year, ready for the MBKC season next year! So i should see you at the gold cup hopefully!

thanks for the info