View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3723451)   #166
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So what actually happened on Wednesday then? Was it then that BMR were told to change a bunch of stuff, or were BMR told weeks ago and they only actually got around to putting it on the car on Wednesday. Either way, it smacks of poor direction from TOCA if they were only told 3 days before the first event, or poor planning on behalf of BMR if they only changed / tested the car with the changes on Wednesday the 29th of March.
Perhaps Gremlins from the car have got into their website?
(Our work machines have blocked BMR's site due to Malware being present - be warned if people are looking at browsing there).

There seem to be a few mixed messages though (but then you'd expect a bit of 'spin' from a driver).
The BMR twitter reports that the team have had to do a lot of work over the last couple of weeks, but Plato initially claimed they had been relaxed over winter and had removed some weight which made them lighter and faster.
The line now is that they have a lot of numbers to crunch to understand what is happening. If the changes were only introduced to the team on Wednesday, you would expect the message would be more like the last few days, rather than a couple of weeks.