View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3676869)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Exactly as Mike E said, Toyota apparently has the exclusive use of the platform as a coupe so a Z5 GTE car would be unlikely. It sounds like the return of the 8 series is more what BMW has in mind. I'm thinking a similar thing to the NSX as a hybrid streetcar with them playing the rules to make a GTE engine out of it. Course at the same time Hindy also made it sound like they were working on an LMP1 car if I'm remembering correctly through the sun and beer induced fog
I haven't seen that information before. Where did you read that? I have read the two cars will be like the BRZ/GT86 except different types of styling and engine. I don't know why BMW would only want a convertible when they're testing the fixed roof version and soft top concurrently. But I don't know for certain so I wonder if that's true.