View Single Post
Old 17 May 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3075648)   #9
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well as a well known prepper has said to me, on more than one occasion, you can't undo 50 years of knowledge. However, equally, if you organise your own series you can lay down regs that attempt to draw out the cars that are as close to original as you can get subject to currrent safety requirements and an element of practical realism to ensure that whilst you have sensible policing you don't have to continually resort to time consuming and costly scrutineering. It's what we have been working towards with our FISCAR series. If you guys seriously want a Pre 60 1100 (or up to 1500cc) sports racing series, PM me with some proposals. No promises, mind, but we might as well explore the possibility to establish whether there is sufficient demand or whether ultimately, it's even practical or realistic to pursue it.
Fair enough.
It's a similar story with other types of cars, like the turbo F1s, there are a number of people who want to run them but they need to get together and present race organisers with a reasonable number of cars.
The main problem I see is persuading people that have fitted larger engines for FIA races (e.g. Lotus Elevens) to fit an 1100, so that they can compete on a level playing field with cars like Elva Mark 1s or Lotus 17s where no one has found an example running a larger engine internationally in period.
There are a lot of eligible cars around and it would make great racing since they look good and the small engines mean the difference between the best and worst engines is less significant which should make for close racing, but, as always, it would take time to persuade a lot of the owners to get involved.