Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3443228)   #40
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This kind of thing had been allowed to perpetuate in so many series that it was inevitable that serious consequences were to be paid by someone. It is very unfortunate that someone had to pay with their life and another may have to pay by ending their career or worse.
Why drivers engage in this sort of behavior and then sanctioning bodies do nothing about it, is perplexing but then often it's all about the show, selling tickets and being on TV. To me as a driver, if I have a problem with someone I can sort that out in the pits. Last thing they need is me putting them and myself in harms way to shake a fist at someone. It's completely ridiculous behavior. If I ever run a series and see a driver do this, I'd suspend their licence on the spot if I could do so.

A lot of people are saying this is the end of Stewart's career. It only is if he wants it to be over. Quite frankly what will happen is there will be a teary eyed press conference full of apologies, a settlement will be paid out and it will be forgotten in a few weeks.