View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3725283)   #76
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Having watched yesterday's, for the most part Verstappen simply wasn't closing on Grosjean fast enough to warrant a blue in my view. He was neither close enough, nor had a sufficient speed differential.
In a number of wordings of Blue Flag information, the key phrase often repeated appears to be 'a car about to be lapped'. As he was ~2s adrift (and struggling to get closer) Verstappen was not about to lap Grosjean.

I have also seen it said that the display of a blue flag does not mean 'get out of the way', but more that you should not deliberately impede the progress of the car behind.

If it is said that Grosjean's aero was the factor impeding Verstappen's progress, then perhaps the penalty should be imposed on whoever designed the aero package/regulations.