View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 22:41 (Ref:3718465)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I thought this is what they had done too, but in some ways it does not make sense, their engine was down on power anyway and the big bang engines are less powerful (and more thirsty) but more predictable than the screamers, also you can use the KERS to smooth the power delivery through increased harvesting.

The symptoms certainly shout big bang engine, but there is little logic to introducing one in F1, you lose power and economy for no benefit.
Given the McLaren-Honda is off by 30km/h on the straights (according to Mr Alonso..) what kind of bang is going on? She aint too big..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House