View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2016, 22:35 (Ref:3621713)   #62
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I did 8 laps driving a former Camping World Series car at Rockingham (Corby, not Carolina!) a couple of years ago. Even rev limited I realised the moment I gunned it out of the pits that there's a lot more to hustling them quickly than meets the eye.

It definitely isn't as simple as 'turn left', I can assure you of that - they don't half move around when you put the power down, and not always where you might expect!

Still, I got a couple of laps in under a minute. Not bad when you consider the track record is 24.719 seconds
Glad you experienced one, I think they move around so much because the aero is pretty well non existent, and the buffeting is considerable in a pack situation.

The vision of the track ahead is also pathetic on a banked corner, every corner has a different camber, there are 3 adjacent racing lines, all the corners are taken flat out with the car floating on the limit with no run off room, the walls are hard and the traffic full on.

Easy really!