View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2220413)   #56
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the comments as ever.

Driftwood: You are very very close to the detail!

The chassis has the rivit holes for the Lola plate, and these have rivits in (tight) to blank them off!
I know of an early 490 that was 'written-off' and rebuilt, but the owner then kept the chassis plate. The side pontoon might have been replaced in the distant past by another? Could this tub be the rebuilt tub?

The 'outrigger pods' are non standard. They are 25mm wider each side than the new body (T 492) I have and are drilled to take panel clips to hold down anther body in the past.

The roll cage is nearly new. The previous owner had them made to replace the saloon style cage which was on the car in 2005 and the 'Karmann Ghia' body was ditched at the same time.

The front suspension used the Lola tub's pick-up points, as does the rear to the tub, but the rest is March F2.

This car will be a 'bitza' hillclimb car albeit with a Pinto/Hewland Mk9 box as all the mountings are there as Lola did in 77/78.

I would love to put a Rover V8 in there, but i can't stand to cut-off the lola rear frame!

This is a great project, i would love to find the 'HU' number but it is not that important. It is so far away from a real T 490/492 as to have lost a lot of it's value as a Classic Sports 2000.

Some on the Sports 2000 site hate the car and my intensions!

Ten-Tenth site has been far and away the very best site for help, thanks to you all!

Graham.