View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2220667)   #63
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As ever, thank you all.

It was sold to me as a T492, and the last owner insists it is. The design of front bar is following the 490 as the 492 was different. The cage hoops are not Lola, but reprenstations of them. Well made mind, and they are staying.

The front uprights are 'custom' made, but I have not looked too closely yet, and the rear will stay as it all looks so robust.(and fits!)

As to hillclimb classes, sports Libre is poorly supported. At Shelsley Walsh last weekend there were 2 cars, 3 drivers. All are 2 litre or less (one a Pilbeam with a Millington.)

The Pinto i have on the way will go on the Hewland, and i must have a revers. You do a fair bit of reversing in the hillclimb paddock!
I can fit Mk5 gears? (4 speed box)

This car was being re-built with a 500bhp ish Cosworth engine and an FT200, but he wanted 8K for the pair, far too much for me.

If i can sell my hillclimb Impreza the car might be on for 2009, but in reality I think late 2009 for a full 2010.

I will keep on trying to get back into the car's history!

Graham