View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1822625)   #17
Scott R
Rookie

Scott R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as a bit of an update,

The car i have is the Beige coloured one of Julian May.
The original White car was destroyed in an accident at thruxton, sheene spun in the wet and the rest of the pack ran into him.
Ford MOCO gave Julian a new shell and was rebuilt with the interesting beige colour.

Jock Robertson drove the car in 84, but had other commitments occasionally so another driver was found, Patrick Watts. Another driver looked at driving for Julian but the money asked for the drive was too much so declined the offer. This driver was Bob Murray, who raced Alfa suds.

In 1985 Jock Robertson was due to drive the car again, except he had problems with medical's so Patrick was given the drive. The car was at every meeting despite finances being tight, it started this season as a white car.

In 1986 the car was again only used on odd occasions, this time it was driven by ????, but up against the golf's and toyota's it never treally stood a chance.

In 1987 the car was driven by Dowsett and Barbara Cowell. but only raced a few times and never really showed any real form.

Thats about all i have as far as history of the car goes. I desperatly need pictures of the car in 1984,85 colours as i am in the process of re-building/restoring the car.
Patrick Watts has been a BIG help, but unfortunatly he wasnt one to keep souveniers (spl) so has no photos of the car. And i have had no luck in contacting any of the cars other old drivers, Robertson, Dowsett, Cowell.