View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2841892)   #73
Spiller
Rookie

Australia
Geelong
Spiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Careful what you wish for Stu. Following the V8's lead may be good, but it could be bad (I'd suggest it would lean more toward the latter)

Front Aero can cause issues when the cars are closely matched for speed etc. It can mean the front grip changes in different situations and cars get caught following one another and don't have that extra 10th needed to make the pass. Stressing motors to their limits means more $$, no reason to do it especially when all you are really after is a level playing field. Better to over-engineer than have bits break because you are pushing them too hard. Pit stops can be good in making races last longer, however once it gets competitive, it just adds another component of cost. Fluid dynamics and development of fuel rigs, mega $$ impact guns, physically trained pit-crew all start making them a potentially costly and unnecessary. K.I.S.S is a principle often best applied. And it looks like the cars have followed that for the most part.

Theoretically the series has a good foundation, I understand what they are trying to achieve, time will tell if theory and reality line up - history tells us that it's usually not the case. Ideally it would make sense to have it as an evolution, but as Mark highlighted, he owns some of the current cars, so he is stretching himself to do this too. Effectively it looks like they are creating an "Outlaw" type series, which again can be good, but it can be bad. There will be short term pain no doubt, but I hope it pays off for you guys.

(And BTW, dont expect the big boys over here to allow you in on TV and sponsor coverage over here - not unless you are willing to pay that is)