View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2925815)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll let the pitlane issue slide for the moment.

My biggest issue is where do you intend to have cars overtake one another?

T1 looks too open to be a real overtaking chance, likewise bottom right, I'm not sure how you'd number it.

The only overtaking chance would come from the curve out from the infield section into the 90 right.

To the argument for fast circuits, you only have to look at Silverstone at the weekend. The only overtaking places were into hard braking areas...T3 Village, T6 Brooklands, T15 Stowe and T16 Vale.

The only really quick overtaking place is Copse, and even then I think we only saw one, and it required "manly bits" to keep the car where it was up the inside.

F1 circuits can be as fast as you like, 1km straights, long sweeping 5th, 6th or 7th gear curves, but it's in the braking zones that overtaking is done...even with DRS and KERS.