View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2681894)   #90
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, this thread proves that we all have different views for different reasons...but is anyone really so shallow as to not want to race in a particular series just because of the start procedure? If you're going to call yourself a racing driver you just knuckle down and get on with it! Either is a proper skill, and you need to have it in your armoury.

Me? I enjoy both...we do rollers in FISC and Club 100 karting and it's no less frantic than a standing start...but I've had some ballistic standing starts thanks to my background in hillclimbs & sprints...so I really don't mind

IMO the "drag race" to the first corner from a standing start is just an ego trip - my car's faster than yours because my wallet's bigger than yours.