View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2011, 05:10 (Ref:2929266)   #327
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please excuse me for being an Aussie but a NZ fan here but there are some things that just dont add up. The current fleet of NZV8 dudes did not want to spend any money on large upgrades or buying into the ST formula but when they smell some success going on all of a sudden they want some blood and maybe rightly so, who knows. First I hear of new bodies for the current car $20k plus, then a new spaceframe 15-30k plus, then sequential box $15k plus so where is the NZV8 thing going. This is in stark contrast to what a number of current lower end competitors wanted. Kneejerk reactions to making the racing better.......Their wasnt anything wrong with the racing, it was great, everyone loves it over here cause NZV8's race, its just the car is old and cost a fortune to run and maintain. The most reliable part of the car is the chassis and all they are thinking here is putting bandaids over the current problems! The other reason that I see is only mentioned once are the promoters. It is widely known over here that your sport suffers immenesly in this area and the V8SC guys rub it in. The sport needs to step into the modern day era and be accountable like any successful company. I reckon this is where ST are smart