View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2929295)   #331
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a bit of bugger when you have mates in both camps which is why I have tried to keep out of this debate until now but if I understand what I have been reading of recent it appears as though NZV8 had a working party investigating the various upgrade options for their fleet including the possibility of a new car built within a certain framework of specification. The working party came back with their suggestion/s which may have exceeded the brief that they were given and as a result there was some acromony between NZV8 and the working party. The working party then split from NZV8 and took with them their suggested changes for the future which is where NZST eventuated from. Meanwhile NZV8 organised another working group to come up with a suitable plan for the future as was in the origonal brief and this has ended up with the car that they have announced in recent days.

I have read on the forum regarding various suggestions as to how events can be better promoted but in my neck of the woods thing like school visits, radio station interviews, displays in malls, street parades etc have all been part of the scene since the early 1980's.

What has to be remembers is that NZ has a population smaller than Sydney and seven permanent race circuits and that the media is like a horse in that you can lead one to water but you cannot make it drink

This is going to end in tears guys, the real questions is who's tears.