Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3395396)   #102
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman View Post
Just going on the footage, I would have been surprised if a red flag had been called for that. I understand that there had been yellow flags for a couple of laps, and I would have expected that there was a caution board once those had been removed, so there isn't a great deal of excuse for any following drivers to have had an accident at that part of the circuit. Not a splendid piece of journalism, either.
Yup indeed, knowing the corner and having seen Many incidents there and spent plenty of years watching at that corner, I wouldn't have expected a red flag for it. I can understand the drivers being incredibly sore about it....I would be if my pride and joy had just been wrecked, however to slam the officials and place all the blame on them, when the drivers put the cars in those positions it's wholly wrong...if it's indeed 'just a free practice' as the drivers state then why push so hard on a part of the track where you know there is already a car off the circuit?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as asp said if the drivers had kept the cars on the track then there wouldn't be anything to talk about. Racing and risk is about percentages, I've seen plenty of cars off in worse positions that haven't been hit, and some that have been pushed back into a gap in yeh Armco and still somehow got hit by another car