Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3395434)   #104
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holymoly View Post
Sorry but anyone that says that car is in a safe place is completely wrong. If it was in a safe place then why is there a tyre barrier? 2 McLarens were written off there last year.

All the drivers came into the pits expecting a red flag that never came. Poor decision by race control and bad information supplied by the marshals.
I don't think anyone is suggesting it was In a 'safe' place...nowhere is 'safe', cars go off on straight bits and hit the Armco. In all the years ive stood at that corner, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen a car in that position, so percentage wise it was probably considered 'safe' where as the drivers and yourself are basing your assumption of 'safe' on 2 meetings a year apart

And before slandering/slagging off the marshals I assume that you know EXACTLY what information the marshals gave to race control? I've known a lot of decisions/suggestions by marshals made n the ground being overruled by race control!...suggest you retract your innacurate and offensive comment

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 20 Apr 2014 at 09:32.