Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3395455)   #112
Holymoly
Rookie

Holymoly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Just because there wasn't a red flag doesn't mean they didn't request one!

2 drivers caused 200k of damage...one spun off, the other chose to push for a faster time in an area where he thought a car was in an unsafe position, you say that the marshals and race control made a bad decision and the blame lies with them, HOW BAD is the decision by an international racing driver to PUSH to get a faster time in a free practice session KNOWINGLY when there is a car that he deems to be in an unsafe position.....that's a BAD DECISION!....blame cannot wholly lie with race control as you and the drivers put it!
Earlier you mocked me for quoting what the Porsche driver said. But guess I need to repeat it. He asked the marshals to red flag it as his car was in an unsafe postion they said NO (I can use cap locks too). So that means I do know one wasn't requested.

These aren't international drivers they are a mix of gentleman drivers and pros. Both of these drivers were gentleman. Also with 2 drivers getting in and out of the car during a session if the yellow flag is removed how would the new driver know about the incident. The entry to that corner is over 100mph so a small mistake because a big one quickly.